large pupils

Large pupils are considered to be a sign of interest and attractiveness (see for example: Look Into My Eyes, Evolution and Human Behaviour abstract . Women in the middle ages used to administer a drug called belladonna (Atropa belladonna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) to dilate the pupils and thereby appear more attractive. On-line dating sites suggest you get photos with large pupils (or photoshop them larger) to get more interest.

Cartoonists use this effect by drawing characters with large googly eyes to make them attractive.

By way of a scientific study, look into the eyes of someone who’s really into you and see the size of the pupils. Then piss them off and see the size. Might have to duck though.
:lol:

Large pupils are considered to be a sign of interest and attractiveness (see for example: Look Into My Eyes, Evolution and Human Behaviour abstract . Women in the middle ages used to administer a drug called belladonna (Atropa belladonna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) to dilate the pupils and thereby appear more attractive. On-line dating sites suggest you get photos with large pupils (or photoshop them larger) to get more interest.

Cartoonists use this effect by drawing characters with large googly eyes to make them attractive.

By way of a scientific study, look into the eyes of someone who’s really into you and see the size of the pupils. Then piss them off and see the size. Might have to duck though.
:lol:

I have large pupils when i take acid. :lol:

Factoid: At one point in history, the drug Belladonna (also known as nightshade) was used cosmetically to dilate women's eyes, because it was/is considered attractive. Unfortunately, belladonna is very toxic, and in addition to being able to kill you in slightly higher doses, using it as drops in the eyes was known to cause visual disturbances and even blindness in some cases.

The only solution I see to your problem is either a modeling lamp or a regular 3-way lamp. You can actually use these to adjust how large or small the pupils are. It's also far easier than screwing around with a flashlight and less annoying in your models face.

im using an ab400 as my main. i usually don't use the modeling light portion of it other then at the beginning to try and find a halfway decent light setting. i usually have it off during my shoot.

here is casey.

Casey0003 by JayC photography, on Flickr

Casey0005 by JayC photography, on Flickr

Shoot with Kino Flo's

Her eyes look scary in those...

yeah i had to really work at getting her to give me any real sort of look or expression. she kept saying anytime she really smiled it made the side of her face droop and she'd look like a stroke victim. so she was a bit tougher for me to work with.

and kini flo's are out of my price range right now. i'll stick with my alien bees for the time being.

Most reactions

Back