Las Vegas Portraits

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently went to a meet up with a couple of Instagram photographers/models. It's also the first time I attempted to use the frequency separation technique of retouching.

A couple in natural light
_DSC7619.jpg

2. One of the models donning a wonderfully stylish jacket at the shoot.
_DSC7601-Edit.jpg

If anyone wants to contact her, her Instagram handle is @emblu. She's a professional model and fairly popular from the looks of it.
_DSC7634-Edit.jpg
\

This one was interesting. It was taken with two iPhone LED lights- one for key and one for the hair light- not ideal but it was what I had to work with at the time
_DSC7744-Edit.jpg

Taken with one speedlite off-camera to the right. I was on the High Roller, a large ferris wheel in Las Vegas. The pod I was in was white so I just shone the flash off the ceiling to illuminate the model. It turned out better than expected.
_DSC7756-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting set. I like being able to study your different lighting choices back to back like this.

Nice variety. Some interesting subjects. Like the way you handled these.

I like the really dramatic lighting you have in #4. Gorgeous model - I love her look. Just a couple of iPhones huh? Super clever.

Interesting set. I like being able to study your different lighting choices back to back like this.

Thank you. It was very much an exercise in experimentation. There were a lot of "Oh, neat" moments lol

I like the really dramatic lighting you have in #4. Gorgeous model - I love her look. Just a couple of iPhones huh? Super clever.

Thanks! I don't generally like harsh, direct light but I really like how this one came out.

No. 4 wins that for me. However those are great pictures!

Great set, I like #4 the best.
I use frequency separation quite often, and really like it! What did you think of it?

All of these are great. I think the lighting could be improved a bit in the last shot; it's a bit flat (but still flattering), however a little more depth and sculpting with the light would give it some more dimension.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back