Las Vegas Pride Portraits

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was asked to photograph the Pride weekend this year. There were several other photographers shooting the performers, so I figured I'd focus more on the human element. I met a lot of interesting personalities this weekend; was a lot of fun.

DSC04007.jpg

2. Cinnamen Douglas St. James
DSC04098-Edit.jpg

3. Three siblings we chatted with while eating. I believe they're triplets, all one year from 80.
DSC04112.jpg

4. Bob Feeney, also 79. Vietnam Veteran. He retired from the military with commendations, but became homeless after his wife passed away. Fortunately, he said he's getting back on his feet.
DSC04277.jpg

DSC04399.jpg

6. Michelle Holiday
DSC04293.jpg

7. Polly Porcelain
DSC04312.jpg

DSC04481-2.jpg

DSC04597.jpg

10. Anetra. She's only been doing drag for six months, but she's already performing on the stage at the NGRA and Las Vegas Pride.
DSC04574-Edit.jpg

DSC04403.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots, love them all. But girl, Anetra needs to soften that nose contour! She turned her nose into a beak!

Great shots, love them all. But girl, Anetra needs to soften that nose contour! She turned her nose into a beak!

I've noticed that a lot of newer drag queens favor rather stark contours nowadays. I blame Trixie Mattel. ;)

Good connection with the subjects comes through in these. Nice work!

I've noticed that a lot of newer drag queens favor rather stark contours nowadays. I blame Trixie Mattel. ;)
I had to look up who Trixie was. I see your point. She looks like Dolly Ziggy Stardust. That must take hours to get ready. I don't understand the whole scene but very interesting and you captured it well.

I had to look up who Trixie was. I see your point. She looks like Dolly Ziggy Stardust. That must take hours to get ready. I don't understand the whole scene but very interesting and you captured it well.

Trixie definitely has one of the more over-the-top looks. On the other hand, one of my favorites as far as celebrity drag queens go, is Courtney Act. She goes for a much more natural look.

Good connection with the subjects comes through in these. Nice work!

Thank you. Yeah, there was a lot of personality at this year's festival.

You have some very interesting & cool images there...

Love #8 black/white! A young relative custom makes the fur suits like #11. It takes a long time to make just one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back