The verticals in the image are not plumb.
I did some editing.
Using ACR's Basic panel I first increased the exposure +3.5 EV to make image noise more visible.
I then used the Noise Reduction sliders in ACR's Sharpening panel to decrease both the noise luminosity and color, but not so much that sharpness was compromised. I globally sharpened the photo - Amount 25, Radius 1.0, Detail 25, Masking 0.
I then went back to the Basic panel and reduced the exposure back to zero.
Next I went to the Basic panel's Presence controls section and added some Clarity and Vibrance.
Moving on I chose the Adjustment brush and moved the Exposure slider to -4 EV and brushed around on the background to make it even blacker.
I then opened the photo in Photoshop CC 2014.
First I rotated the photo 0.5° clockwise to make the verticals plumb.
I then cropped away the thin white edges the small amount of rotation produced.
Last, there was still a light spot in the background above the cylinder camera left, so I used the Clone Stamp tool and covered it with some cloned adjacent black background.