Laser lit glass sculpture

DavefromCt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Made a whimsical glass nik nak out of prisms and glass slides and an old ruby rod from a laser I once made years ago. Lit it with a laser pointer which caused the different types of glass to flouresce different colors.

Attachments

• laser sculpture.jpg
    laser sculpture.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 154
Interesting stuff. Maybe you could do more with this type of photo, since you have the know-how and the materials and stuff!

The verticals in the image are not plumb.

I did some editing.
Using ACR's Basic panel I first increased the exposure +3.5 EV to make image noise more visible.
I then used the Noise Reduction sliders in ACR's Sharpening panel to decrease both the noise luminosity and color, but not so much that sharpness was compromised. I globally sharpened the photo - Amount 25, Radius 1.0, Detail 25, Masking 0.
I then went back to the Basic panel and reduced the exposure back to zero.
Next I went to the Basic panel's Presence controls section and added some Clarity and Vibrance.
Moving on I chose the Adjustment brush and moved the Exposure slider to -4 EV and brushed around on the background to make it even blacker.
I then opened the photo in Photoshop CC 2014.
First I rotated the photo 0.5° clockwise to make the verticals plumb.
I then cropped away the thin white edges the small amount of rotation produced.
Last, there was still a light spot in the background above the cylinder camera left, so I used the Clone Stamp tool and covered it with some cloned adjacent black background.

lasersculptureEdit.jpg

Actually I think it's too over exposed now at the bottom and the colors are wrong from the original.

Most reactions

Back