Last days of fall color - Mount Baker region

scole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scolephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My sights finally fell on the Nooksack River valley on the north side of Mount Baker but missed peak colors by about a week. The weather has been more active lately and leaves are starting to fall. In fact, one of the places I wanted to shoot was no longer worth the effort. The region has plenty of areas to poke around and this was a prime time to do it.

I ultimately decided to explore Wells Creek Rd which is only open a portion of the year (due to a wildlife closure and the arrival of winter). I was pleasantly surprised to still find some vibrant displays of color. I ran out of daylight before running out of places to photograph. I'll definately be returning next year to explore it further..

#1 Foothill Color #1

403078312_captb-L.jpg

#2 Foothill Color #2..

403078320_gyjrV-L.jpg

#3 Scenery above Wells Creek Rd with a small fog bank rolling in..

403077754_KRAJY-L.jpg

#4 Avalanche Track in Blaze

403081187_4aeRJ-L.jpg

#5 And another one..

403081402_ZrQ72-L.jpg

#6 One last one.

403080667_5RrgT-L.jpg

Thanks..

Great images. I love the first one.. but i love the 2nd one too....I like the display of the colors of the trees. There's no empty area and it kinda looks like a closeup of the center of a sunflower. Cool..

Photos 2 and 6 are "mine". In other words: I like those two best out of all. I like them for their colours (well - erm - obviously, eh? They were TAKEN for their colours! :D) and for the fact that they have no horizon, no beginning, no end. They are only just ... the colours. And hey, so interesting to see how a totally different vegetation spreads in the avalanche tracks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back