Last Night's Shoot - C&C

I would say...don't be afraid of higher ISO...soooo many photographers NEVER push their cameras for fear of grainy or noisy images. Depending upon what camera you have newer models are great with high ISO.
If you increase your ISO you will have WAY more shutter speed to play with...but in my opinion you want around 1/60th for glamour...in order to let as much ambient bleed into the shadows and smooth out your lighting.
I always use 1/60th for all my glamour/lingerie...I like shallow depth of field around f2.8 since it gives me nice blurry backgrounds and makes my model pop that much more.
Also like everyone else said...you don't want a straight on shot of her armpit lol. Plus cheesy words and backgrounds effects like that are super lame...just focus on the basics of glamour photography first. Try and pick a pose that is flattering to the model and her body type/face. Don't even mess around with backgrounds. You can easily get better results anywhere around your house or hers. Take this shot for example..it was shot in my condo, in my living room with no backdrop and two Alienbees Strobes & a reflector...super easy setup. Plus the pose is flattering, shows off her butt and curves : )
01.jpg

LOL that would depend on who you're talking to. I don't find body hair on women sexy, but there are ton o guys that like it. Google "armpit fetish". LOL. With that said, I get what you are saying. I'll keep that in mind.

All I'm going to say (after this post and the one re: business meeting) is you should stick to the business end of what you're trying to accomplish. I'm not saying that to discourage you from learning photography, not at all, but you really are not ready to do this professionally.

Well, not all I'm going to say... that sounded mean, so let me explain:

Per the other post, you know marketing and you know about business. You know that a product doesn't have to be good to sell; a bad product with good marketing sells better than a good product with bad marketing. But that's not ethical, especially if you know your product is sub-par (like McDonald's: cheap, disgusting, fatty food with great marketing).

I'm not going to google armpit fetish (some things are NOT meant to be googled! lol), but I can tell you that most clients are not going to want a photo of a sweaty crevice. Unless you are shooting with that specific purpose for that specific use, it's not going to work.

You seem pretty set on opening a photography business and I do think it's great that you have goals for yourself. My best advice is learn from your business partner before you shoot any actual clients. While you're learning and developing the craft, stick with what you know in terms of your business: BUSINESS!

LOL that would depend on who you're talking to. I don't find body hair on women sexy, but there are ton o guys that like it. Google "armpit fetish". LOL. With that said, I get what you are saying. I'll keep that in mind.

All I'm going to say (after this post and the one re: business meeting) is you should stick to the business end of what you're trying to accomplish. I'm not saying that to discourage you from learning photography, not at all, but you really are not ready to do this professionally.

Well, not all I'm going to say... that sounded mean, so let me explain:

Per the other post, you know marketing and you know about business. You know that a product doesn't have to be good to sell; a bad product with good marketing sells better than a good product with bad marketing. But that's not ethical, especially if you know your product is sub-par (like McDonald's: cheap, disgusting, fatty food with great marketing).

I'm not going to google armpit fetish (some things are NOT meant to be googled! lol), but I can tell you that most clients are not going to want a photo of a sweaty crevice. Unless you are shooting with that specific purpose for that specific use, it's not going to work.

You seem pretty set on opening a photography business and I do think it's great that you have goals for yourself. My best advice is learn from your business partner before you shoot any actual clients. While you're learning and developing the craft, stick with what you know in terms of your business: BUSINESS!

I've said it a million times... maybe not a million, but a lot, he's in charge of the set up and pictures. I'm taking a back seat to the pictures and retouching. He's taking a back seat to doing the business and retouching, the retoucher is taking a back seat to photography and business. Everyone knows their place, so hopefully the combination of all three of us doing what we are good at will mean a good product with good marketing behind it.

Not sure who I heard it from originally, but a smart person knows when to hire people smarter than him to get something done. I'm pretty sure I could run a successful plumbing company, but I'd hire actual plumbers to do the work. Photography is just like any business which is why Warren Buffet has his hands in textiles, media, alcohol, and insurance, and I'm willing to bet he doesn't know how to make alcohol or run TV programming.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back