Last Palm Shots for a While

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Sunday we left L.A. to fly home to Long Island, NY. No more palm shots for a few months . . .

These were all taken at the Los Angeles County Museum using my d7200 and the 50 1.8D lens.
BTW, I bought that lens from Adorama refurbished by NIkon for $79! I'm finally taking advantage of the focusing motor in the body of the d7200, which was mentioned as a plus by many replying to "what camera should I buy?" questions on the Forum. Thank you all. These will be my last palm shots for a while; we are back on Long Island, NY until the winter.

DSC_2725.jpg

DSC_2713.jpeg

DSC_2710.jpeg

DSC_2709.jpeg

On Sunday we left L.A. to fly home to Long Island, NY. No more palm shots for a few months . . .

These were all taken at the Los Angeles County Museum using my d7200 and the 50 1.8D lens.
BTW, I bought that lens from Adorama refurbished by NIkon for $79! I'm finally taking advantage of the focusing motor in the body of the d7200, which was mentioned as a plus by many replying to "what camera should I buy?" questions on the Forum. Thank you all. These will be my last palm shots for a while; we are back on Long Island, NY until the winter.

.View attachment 175536

View attachment 175537

View attachment 175538

View attachment 175539

Nice shooting! Each one made me pause to enjoy.

.View attachment 175536

View attachment 175537

View attachment 175538

View attachment 175539

Nice shooting! Each one made me pause to enjoy.
Thank you so much for that comment!

Number 4 is kinda interesting. I would have liked it better with bottom frond more prominent in the shot, kinda scoot down lower and use its length to pull your eye in.

Number 4 is kinda interesting. I would have liked it better with bottom frond more prominent in the shot, kinda scoot down lower and use its length to pull your eye in.
Might work well. I’ve long thought it would be interesting to post an image and the out of camera shot and invite (not just allow,) different edits by Forum members. When it cools down, I might start a thread with that theme. Of course mine would be limited to jpegs, due to ignorance and sloth, but it would still allow for different interpretations and, hopefully, surprises and new ideas.

The first one looks like it could be a background for a magazine cover. Favorite is the black and white one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back