Last Post

erniehatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/erniehatt/HangingFree2.jpg
Rose.jpg
HangingFree2.jpg

My last try at getting some comments on my images,have been somewhat dissapointed with this site. Seems as though if you dont have the right name you are vertuously ignored. You would think that at least if you were kind enough to comment on peoples images they would at least reciprocate in kind. I thank those who do, namely Chiller and JohnE. Ernie

i dont know about others, but sometimes i dont post if i dont find anything wrong with the pictures.

anyway, i like the shots, i especially like the colors vs the backround in the lsat one

I like the second as it makes it look like a painting which works really well with an image :thumbup: .

Ditto to what fightheheathens said about not posting if they can't find anything wrong, and also, sometimes people (*ahem* me) just won't post because they don't feel 'worthy' too. (Wrong word used there, but that was all that came to mind, and I am too lazy to bring out the thesaurus) I know sometimes I do when it is one of those "wow" and you don't want to repeat everyone elses comments, or give a bad critique. I often just like to sit back and admire the images:lol:

i'm not quite fond of the post process in the first.. but the second is pretty neat.. like the vibrance in colors against the black background.. neat work :thumbsup:
thanks for sharing :)

i love the detail in the rose in the first photo... the veins in the petals, very nice.

i hate to see you go, i like to see your posts although i am guilty of looking and not posting a lot of times.

I certainly hope this is not your last post. There are a few people on this board that I look at everything that is posted by them, and you are one of them. Sometimes I don't comment, but its not because I do or do not like what I see, sometimes, I'm too lazy, sometimes, I feel like it would be the student telling the teacher what to do, and other times, I find nothing that inspires me to write about it (that is not referring to your posts in particular, just in general)
But I also see that in the short tiem that I have been here the number of new posts seems to have increased, and it is hard for everyone to post in every thread. I have felt the same way as you at times, but it doesn't bother me because I also see that others don't always get posted on. its just the way the cookie crumbles. Posting a picture is like handing out fliers in the street, sometimes the passerby will take one, and move along, sometimes they will take one and say something to you, but most of the time they will take notice of you and just walk on by.
But really, don't think that people aren't posting because they don't like your picture, or that they only post on their friends threads, although, if they are friends, then it would be expected that they would post in each others threads. If my friends were on this site I would be pissed if they didn't post on my threads.

Wow, all this rambling and I'm not even drinking. Sorry. I feel like I should delete this before I even post it, so I better get to the point.

I like the first one better than the second one, but I would like to see it without the texture, because I think it looks crisp as hell under that texture. I wonder what it would look like if you left the background like it is, but made the flower more clean (i don't know if thats the right word there or not) but the flower looks "noisy" to me.

Phewf! the above is an example of why I don't post much. :confused:

Very well done pictures ernie I think both are equally good. I hope you keep posting as I look forward to seeing your work, I find your pictures well done and interesting. I do not always have the t ime to look at all the posts and sometimes I don't have the time to comment either, but I always open your posts when I am here. It does take time for people to get know your name and work It appears to me there are many here who think the same way as myself and more will take notice with time.

Hey erin I look at it this way.

I love sharing my photos with others. I don't feed off the comments. I felt like that at first when I joined this forum, but now, I really don't care about it, I have to many other things to worry about than to worry what people think of my images or how many comments I can score with a photo.

It's all about sharing and giving others an idea or two of how I see things through my little window. I've always like your work, you have a great eye and what you love about photography..... I do too. It's not about comments, it's about sharing. I have to keep that in mind to enjoy TPF. Sorry I can't comment of your photos you have posted here cause my work computer doesn't allow me to view photobucket images. But, I'm sure their good as everyone has said.

Keep postin..... The hell with the comments.

I am with Mako on this.,

Personally, I like your work. To me, this is all about friends .. I enjoy seeing everyone's photos, but I cannot comment on everything I see., I just don't have the time.

When I put up a post that gets little or no comments, I am sure it's becuase the pics are just not interesting enough, and I do not take it personally, I just try harder to make my photography more worth comenting on.

I am sure many people come and go here at TPF, the people who really fit will stay. We encourage you to find a way hang around here., if you choose to not post any futher, I wish you good luck and best regards.

aww ernie... i feel kinda left out... i told you i thought you had pretty legs, remember?? (sniff sniff...always a bridesmaid..never a bride....ofcourse, it would be of frankenstien...but who am i to question??) :confused:

anyway, back to the topic... love the pics..very good...i am with the others, sometimes there are so many, i dont have time to see them before they have dropped off..and sometimes, i dont have anything more to say than "great shot"...and most of ya'll are so far ahead of me, its like doogie howser telling marcus welby how to doctor.. (ok, with me, its more egore telling dr welby, but hey, work with me..let me mainstream..k??)

i hope you dont leave, for i for one would miss you....(stay ernie...stay....ok??) :lovey:

i dont ignore anyone...(ok, maybe base...but everyone tries to ignore base at some point....its either that, or whip his rear....but he would enjoy that too much.. :lol: )
and i would never ignore you on purpose...k?? (btw..i just looked again.. you have atleast 100 who have looked at this pic... i dont think that is beign ignored....good job dude!!)

erniehatt said:
My last try at getting some comments on my images,have been somewhat dissapointed with this site. Seems as though if you dont have the right name you are vertuously ignored. You would think that at least if you were kind enough to comment on peoples images they would at least reciprocate in kind. I thank those who do, namely Chiller and JohnE. Ernie
hate to see you go, but we have long since stopped forcing people to stay

see ya

Ernie...great shots as always. I am always amazed at how close you get to your subjects and the detail. Very well done.

I sure hope you stick around. I have always been fond of your work. Because of the amount of posts, and the speed at which they can fall off the first page, it is really hard to keep up. Once a weekend gets here, a post can drop off the map, and by the time Monday rolls around, it can show up on page 3. Im sure that everybody who views other posts here, can be inspired by a photo, no matter who it is from, and may not comment.
Im guilty of that too. One advantage I have is, I can be on the forum at work :scratch: ...yeah..while I should be working.

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

I like the texture in the first picture!!

Steve :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back