Last Post

Ernie, please do not deprive us of your always quite romantic flower shots - they are something special on here and I have enjoyed each and every one of them. I no longer remember if or if not I have told you so each time ... I post comments galore, but I can't, just cannot comment every single photo here.

You always give your photos such interesting post-treatment, such extra touch. I want to see more of that in the future, ok?`

(What I have found out, too, is that the odd "snapshot" or personal picture helps getting to know people, or people to know you.)

Well I like both, the 2nd is my favorite.

I think everyone likes having their work complimeted upon and I usually do if I bother to view inless it's something I don't like but doesn't have anything really wrong with it if that makes sense.

IOW I don't criticize unless someone asks for frank opinions.

LWW

Well thanks all for the comments and the good wishes. Let me first make one thing clear here, I do not put my pictures up to recieve accolades, I can get those from my wife any day of the week. They are there primaly to get critique wether good or bad, I have broad shoulders, I wish to learn from others, at 70 I am not looking to sell my pictures, just to make them as good as I possibly can. Ill hang around a little while, but you will probably have to put up with flower shots and garden beasties, as don't get out and about much these days. Thanks again. Ernie

erniehatt said:
...you will probably have to put up with flower shots...

Your floral shots are among my favorites of the ones posted here. Glad to see you're going to stick around.

erniehatt said:
Well thanks all for the comments and the good wishes. Let me first make one thing clear here, I do not put my pictures up to recieve accolades, I can get those from my wife any day of the week. They are there primaly to get critique wether good or bad, I have broad shoulders, I wish to learn from others, at 70 I am not looking to sell my pictures, just to make them as good as I possibly can. Ill hang around a little while, but you will probably have to put up with flower shots and garden beasties, as don't get out and about much these days. Thanks again. Ernie

ok you old grouch, expect some critique from me from now on!!

I like these 2 shots, but hate the texture., also they should not be side by side IMO, .. would really like to see them in a formal texture.

erniehatt said:
but you will probably have to put up with flower shots and garden beasties, as don't get out and about much these days.

if you lived in my neck of the world, it would be my honor sir to gather you up by golf cart and hit DC's streets. ;) if we didn't get any pics we'd surely make the news....i kinda stir things up wherever i go. Linda hates it....bail here-bail there :mrgreen:

Raymond J Barlow said:
ok you old grouch, expect some critique from me from now on!!

I like these 2 shots, but hate the texture., also they should not be side by side IMO, .. would really like to see them in a formal texture.

Ok Raymond, Go for it, Ill accept the grouch, but not the old I am still working on that bit, but think I just might be getting real close. The textures are a kind of personal thing, you like or you dont. I have no idea how the images came to be side by side. After comments like that April one would have to be mad to leave, I haven't had the like in many a year. Ha. thanks everyone. And thanks for the offer Jon, if I win the Lotto I may take you up on that. Doesn't hurt to Dream. Ernie

woooohoo.. glad you decided to stick on ernie... you always provide such valuable feedback :) i'll try my had at critiquing too ;)
cya around... love to see more :)

erniehatt said:

I am grateful that you have stayed. I have only just started here and it seems unfair that as a noob I should be deprived of your obviously talented eye.

I may not know how the shots are made or what camera and speed setting you have used, etc...I don't have the experience or vocabulary; but I am human and can appreciate what is beautiful. I look forward to learning more from you :)

Ernie...it's all been said here. Just go with the flow. It's all good. Some days you'll get heavy comments; others you won't. It's nothing personal from anyone. Glad you've chosen to hang around! :D

Ok I have to admit I have felt the same way as Ernie ....... and I did think at one time it was the "old Boys Network". ..... But LaFoto put it in to perspective for me.

She once told me she'd missed one of mine as it'd dropped to the second page within a few hours of being put on. Dang these baoards move fast.

Also I know that my stuff is no where near as good as some of the people here and that I have a VERY long way to go. So I tend not to reply to as many posts as I could. Also I'm a bit on the lazy side.

I felt a little upset when I posted a few after I returned from holiday and i got like 2 replies ... But I realised that they weren't as good as I hoped ....

I can but try ...

Keep posting ........

I'll have some 2nd rate photos soon to anny you all with ... ;)

Most reactions

Back