What's new

Last Snow?...The testing continues

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
4,227
Reaction score
1,473
Location
Reading, Pa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I'm really stumped. This was autofocused with the 35mm. The original is even sharper then this. The only change I made was I changed the focus from continous to single

View attachment 38993
 
Rick, not sure if this helps, but when I look at the enlargement, it looks like the focus was on the needles of the spruce tree and not on the snow. So the "in focus" area seems to have missed the snow in the "foreground". What f-stop were you shooting at?

WesternGuy
 
Rick i agree with WesternGuy Was that single point focus, or multipoint. That might make a diferance..lust thinkin Ed
 
Rick, not sure if this helps, but when I look at the enlargement, it looks like the focus was on the needles of the spruce tree and not on the snow. So the "in focus" area seems to have missed the snow in the "foreground". What f-stop were you shooting at?

WesternGuy

Thanks WG,

ISO 125
f 5.6
1/125

Focus was on the crotch of the forking branch. This was just a test from least week when ALL my shots came back fuzzy with low contrast.
For a "keeper" photo, I probably would have boosted the ISO a little and drop the shutter speed a little to allow me to stop down to maybe 8 or even 11 for more DOF
Sorry for the confusion. This was mainly for the folks that were trying to figure out the issues last week. Other then human error, I really don't see an issues, hence my confusion.
 
Rick i agree with WesternGuy Was that single point focus, or multipoint. That might make a diferance..lust thinkin Ed
Thanks Hippy, sorry for the confusion. See my post to WG. BTW, it was single
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom