Last trip to the laundrymat (another 56K murderer)

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
We just went on our last trip to the laundrymat before we move into our new pad. In celebration of this event, I brought the camera to document it.

basket.jpg

The baskets are finished for the day.
baskets.jpg

Time to clean up.
bucket.jpg

No more coins needed here.
coinop.jpg

Waiting for the next family.
coins.jpg

The dryers have dried their last.
dryers.jpg

The floor is clean.
mop.jpg

The washers are ready for tomorrow...just not for us.
washers.jpg

Asleep in the chair for the last time.
asleep.jpg

Nice. Good study. Some interesting points of view. I like the high contrast.
--A

I absolutely love this series :D You've turned something soooo mundane into art!! :thumbsup:

On an aside I remember my last day at the laundry mat ... it too was a joyous momentous occasion ... it made me feel like I was finally grownup to have in-house laundry ... now I want mainfloor laundry so I don't have to venture into the recesses of the basement everytime I need clean underwear :mrgreen:

Artemis said:
How did you make such dull subjects (except for last one :p) so interesting? thats a totall skill!

Nice save there Arty! :mrgreen:

I love this series. In fact, I think we should frame a few and put above our new washer and dryer next weekend! Your creativity is an inspiration, Hobbes!

Ditto on the nice series remarks. The ability to take everyday objects and turn them into a fabulists photo essay is the mark of a gifted photographer. :lol: #2 of the baskets is my favorite, a long with #s 6 & 8.

I love this series. In fact, I think we should frame a few and put above our new washer and dryer next weekend! Your creativity is an inspiration, Hobbes!
Good call, Alison. :thumbup: At least while you're still performing this most-hated of household chores, you'll have cool images to admire. :D

Great work, Hobbes. :)

Nice series! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back