TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another set of mediocre pictures......

chinatown1.jpg

cliffhousestairs.jpg

upatree.jpg

Please tell me what works and what doesn't and how to improve, even if you say all negative it better then not saying anything at all.....

thanx,

oleg

I don't mean to thread drift but I have to ask you a question. I frequent quite a few guns boards and there is a very well known photogragpher on them by the name of Oleg. Are you him?

ETA: I reall like the first picture. The other two really don't do anything for me. Not that they are bad they just don't interest me.

I like the first two...the last one makes me a little dizzy.

Apparently I'm obsessed with cropping right now...so that's my suggestion for 1 and 3. In 1 the street signs on the left aren't totally in focus, I think cropping it down the middle of the street and making the photo about the right side of the street would work.....eeer I almost edited it, but I see you say not too :sillysmi:

In 3 I'd crop out the bits of buildings on the left and make the base of the tree the left bottom corner.

How'd you do the coloring in 3, gorilla hands?

IMO, the first one of Grant Avenue(?) is hurt by two things: the string of lanterns across the street is in the way but not interesting while the picture yet seems a little empty of any object of interest. (Is this the night before the Chinese New Year? Never seen Grant so empty - and never noticed the hill before.).

Third picture just isn't interesting. Sorry.

The second picture is quite nice. Good composition, good exposure, good feeling of emptiness. Nice the way the lights echo the railing.

oh wow....for the first time in a long long time i like strange abstract pictures.....2 and 3 are wall worthy imo

I frequent quite a few guns boards and there is a very well known photogragpher on them by the name of Oleg. Are you him?

Nope not me......

How'd you do the coloring in 3, gorilla hands?

Played around i with hue and saturation....

IMO, the first one of Grant Avenue(?) is hurt by two things: the string of lanterns across the street is in the way but not interesting while the picture yet seems a little empty of any object of interest. (Is this the night before the Chinese New Year? Never seen Grant so empty - and never noticed the hill before.).

Reason it was soo empty was because it was 3 am on a Thursday night hehe....

Yeah i know the 3rd one isn't great i just wanted to try something new....

Thank you guys for the feed back.

Most reactions

Back