What's new

Late again

tb2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
971
Reaction score
2
A shot of a very confused Christmas cactus. Sometimes it flowers in November, often at Easter, rarely at Christmas, and this year it's Valentine's Day. Here's a natural light shot of the mixed-up Schlumbergera bridgesii.



Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/02/late-christmas-or-early-easter.html


Cactus-4.jpg
 
I really like the lighting in the plant shots you've been posting. This one's no exception. The bright pink flowers add some vibrancy.
 
Thanks Antarctican. I shoot this plant once most years, and try to come up with a different approach each time. Here I tried a dark, shadowy background, and gave the blossom a bit of a glow.

Regards, Tony
 
Really love the lighting... just seems a bit grainy to me though.
 
I really like the shot. The lighting is nice and the dark background works well.

I have two of these plants. I get one flower on each one when they bloom. The older plant blooms only once a year [and not every year] and its either at thanksgiving or Christmas. This year it was Christmas. The younger plant usually blooms twice a year giving me one flower near Valentines day and one around Easter or Memorial Day. So far this year it has not bloomed at all.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom