Late again

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A shot of a very confused Christmas cactus. Sometimes it flowers in November, often at Easter, rarely at Christmas, and this year it's Valentine's Day. Here's a natural light shot of the mixed-up Schlumbergera bridgesii.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/02/late-christmas-or-early-easter.html

Cactus-4.jpg

I really like the lighting in the plant shots you've been posting. This one's no exception. The bright pink flowers add some vibrancy.

Thanks Antarctican. I shoot this plant once most years, and try to come up with a different approach each time. Here I tried a dark, shadowy background, and gave the blossom a bit of a glow.

Regards, Tony

I really like the shot. The lighting is nice and the dark background works well.

I have two of these plants. I get one flower on each one when they bloom. The older plant blooms only once a year [and not every year] and its either at thanksgiving or Christmas. This year it was Christmas. The younger plant usually blooms twice a year giving me one flower near Valentines day and one around Easter or Memorial Day. So far this year it has not bloomed at all.

Most reactions

Back