Latest camera RAW format...

Ls3D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shea-design.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this coming & well now it is here... Do I really need to upgrade Photoshop {I have CS 3 Extended} ($350 or $700 [suite]) just to be able to edit RAW from my 5DmII?

I downloaded a Canon RAW codec recently 1.4.0.43... what was that? Supposed to support the 5DmII.

I reluctantly installed the Digital Photo Pro and do not care for the controls and can not believe how long it takes to convert!

I feel so constrained without the RAW converter - what to do?

-Shea

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canon RAW Codec
README File
Version 1.4.0
Copyright (c) 2008 CANON INC.
This Readme file contains the latest information about the Canon RAW Codec.
Please read this file before using the Canon RAW Codec.

Contents

1. About RAW images appended with unknown data
2. For customers using RAW images (.CRW or .CR2)
3. Acknowledgments....

Get Lightroom 2.0 It's cheaper, uses the latest cameraRAW engine, and use it just to edit your RAWs if you want. When the RAW looks right click edit in Photoshop and you're not restricted to CS3.

That is the middle way out and gives you full CameraRAW controls while retaining support with any version of Photoshop.

Yes, if you had been using Photoshop for your RAW files...Lightroom may change your life. :thumbup:

At $300 (US) VS $350 for the CS4 upgrade I'm not very motivated to jump in, and I also like and know the RAW controls that Mr knoll designed...

That said I would be a tard if I did not demo Lightroom to see if I like it, and the upgrades will hopefully remain reasonable at around $50.

For now I'm going to shoot RAW + Large JPG and try not to think about spending any more money.

Thanks for the tips.

-Shea

I convert my NEF's to DNG then use the raw converter in CS to process mine as I'me sick of buying upgrades to PS that usually consist of a new tool, gimmick or so that I dont need anyway. I also find it ridiculous Adobe don't upgrade camera raw for all versions of PS, they got enough money for them when released, imo between adobe, nikon + canon its all about consumer ripoff tactics so unless my gear is stuffed there'll be no more needless upgrades, I've decided to be a conscienous objector in all future pixel wars and save a lot of money in the process. H

Most reactions

Back