Latest wedding. What do you think???

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
eric13.jpg

2. I meant this one to be dark, with the highlights of light from behind. Does it look good, or does it just look like a bad exposure?
eric1.jpg

eric2.jpg

4. I like all the fuss over the bride.
eric14.jpg

5. Which looks better? 5 or 6
eric3.jpg

eric4.jpg

eric5.jpg

eric6.jpg

eric7.jpg

eric9.jpg

eric10.jpg

eric11.jpg

eric12.jpg

Doug Raflik

I really like #1 but for my taste some of them look waaay too over-processed.

I really like them all, beautiful captures. #12 perhaps lost a bit of crispness in processing though.

I prefer 6 to 5, the white strip (don't know what it is ? window light ?) in 5 looks like it's dividing 2 pictures, whereas in 6 the angle lessens this feel in my opinion.

I think the highlight feel in #2 really works with the B&W.

I agree on the over processed thing and the comment on 5 and 6. My first glance on them [5&6] was "I don't think that's supposed to be 2 shots". I know what you were going for and I love the idea but I don't think it worked. Not for what you did or anything, I just think the sunlight hosed the shot. The very, very white part in this shot "cropped" your photos into 2 images.

Now that that's been said. I think it's good stuff! I do like the composition and lighting for the images. Even number 2 (the dark one) looks like something I would shoot but I might play with the levels a bit. It looks like middle ground exposer (meaning if you want the silhouette of the couple with the light background - dodge the levels of the couple. If you want them into the shot - lighten them up), this looks like you missed the effect (which can be created in post).

Good stuff.

David

9, 10, and 12 are so very sweet!

I agree with dpolston about the sunlight cutting those photos apart.

I can see a darkish halo around the figures, especially the priest's head, in #7.

Your work is good, and you've captures some truly wonderful moments!

The colors in #1 are beautiful...I love it..
I personally like the post processing...it feels sweet and magical (what your wedding day should be)
nice job!
btw...how did you achieve this in post processing?

The colors in #1 are beautiful...I love it..
I personally like the post processing...it feels sweet and magical (what your wedding day should be)
nice job!
btw...how did you achieve this in post processing?

Quite simple... duplicate layer, add a large amount of Gaussion blur to the new layer. Use the erase tool to take the blur out of the eyes and mouth. Then go to layer style -> blending options, and bring the opacity down to around 40%. Then adjust the contrast until it looks good. Flatten image.

Hope that helps.

Doug Raflik

good shots overall....5 &6...clone out the sunlight that is splitting your image in two....

the bride looks awkward in the shots where she is on the ground....

#1 i like the shot, but the extremely narrow dof makes the couple look pasted on the background...for really scenic shots such as this 4-5.6 work better for dof then wide open...

#2 ; i love...but, they should be walking into the frame, not walking out...

as for the pp, it is a matter of opinion...i like it, but be careful not to over use!

#10 is a great capture!

Most reactions

Back