Lay Me Gently at His Feet

I'd like to see the blacks nudged up just a bit and that white thing at the bottom of the cross sort of grabs the eye unfortunately.

I would think about capturing the cross in color against a clear blue sky. But like tirediron mentioned, there's the composition issue with the base and other tombstones.

Picture might be interesting, but is too flat with the unappealing background. Crank it a bit stronger.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, they have been very helpful! This is a location that I want to shoot at night so I'm shooting it a couple times to get ideas and get good daytime shots of course lol.

I like the ambiguity of the background. My first thought it 'why are there a bunch of gravestones in a church?' since the background could as easily be a plaster wall as a sky. I'm not sure I love it, but I think it's pretty darn good.

It's not really a *pretty* picture, but it is an *evocative* picture. Obviously the Christ figure is a huge symbol, but I don't mind that.

Thanks Amolitor, the ambiguity was exactly what I was hoping to achieve, when I saw this location isolation and out of context immediately came to mind, it is on the roadside which is common to see but it is a larger site on a mound with one tree and openness/field all around, the rows of graves run opposite to this crucifix, this is not a pretty site but it has a lot to say.
I really like religious symbols of all types, I think they hold a certain energy and strength that fascinates me, I'm looking forward to shooting at this site more!

Most reactions

Back