Layne- Model Portraits in Natural Light

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting the energy and time to catch up on TF shoots. I posted an image from this shoot a few weeks ago, but I only recently had time to edit any more. Anyways, I love this model's ability to connect with the camera. I'm looking forward to working with him again.

All were shot in natural light with a white reflector for fill light. Canon 5D MKI with a Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens attached.

_mg_3032_1_by_danostergren-dcjqlkc.jpg

_mg_3053_by_danostergren-dcjqm2r.jpg

_mg_3272_by_danostergren-dcjqll4.jpg

_mg_3118_by_danostergren-dci2pf4.jpg

_mg_3158_by_danostergren-dci7691.jpg

weird seeing a guy with shaved armpits

I see an impressive near-square crop potential in shot #1, which feels a bit cramped in its current horizontal format. I greatly enjoy the slight warm-toned B&W color grading on the monochrome shots but I wanna see a slight bit more highlight detail on a couple of places on the skin. This fellow is indeed connecting very well with the camera/viewer.

I see an impressive near-square crop potential in shot #1, which feels a bit cramped in its current horizontal format. I greatly enjoy the slight warm-toned B&W color grading on the monochrome shots but I wanna see a slight bit more highlight detail on a couple of places on the skin. This fellow is indeed connecting very well with the camera/viewer.
Thank you. I appreciate the critique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back