What's new

Le Nouveau "Chateaux Schlieffère" ???

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Autumn. Time for harvest.

Will this become a "Chateaux Schlieffère"? ;) (Oh my, I only hope my faint knowledge of French spelling still holds...........:oops: )

chateauxschlieffre02framed.jpg


chateauxschlieffre01framed.jpg

Here still on the vine ^^ ...

chateauxschlieffre03framed.jpg

Here already picked and collected ^^

We not only picked grapes. We can also now create Cidre Schlieffère :D:

chateauxschlieffrecidreschlieffreframed.jpg


Any good recipes for apple tarts? We have PLENTY of those now.
Or Apple Jelly, or any other conserve?

(What do you think, do I like the colours here myself? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;))
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Wow, that is ONE fast reply here!!!
Thanks.
We eat most of them as they are now ... but some of the apples will need to be cooked and transformed into something ... other than fresh apple.
 
What does this mean? "Le Nouveau "Chateaux Schlieffère" ??? "?
I like the green colors in all photos. The prefered one is the last one.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
I am pretending this could become our precious new wine with a very French name to make it more interesting (true fact is these grapes are about the size of the nail of your average pinky and we only have few ... not even enough for a quart of wine in the end :D)
 
I see, I have eatin thousands of them this summer
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Yes, I love grapes, too, but normally I can only eat those I buy in the supermarket, and they come from Greece or Italy or so ... and these grow in our own garden :D. That is so special about them :D. (Ours are not quite as sweet as the ones you get in the supermarket).

And while I was being in the kitchen cutting up apples, I remembered that the words are "apple pie" and "preserve", aren't they? I think I was wrong first...

Must go back cutting up more apples now.............
 
I think you've got some nice healthy GREEN produce there! Bring on the cider and wine.. it should be ready for the meetup huh?

Rob
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
If only I had the right bubble bottles for it! I know my uncle used to make wine from just about any fruit they had in their garden, and he had those bulky bubble bottles for it ... true fact is, however, that I haven't got a CLUE as to how produce wine or cider (and there are by far too few grapes!) ... the apples are in the process of becoming apple juice and jelly, though (and a good many we can eat as they are, no worms, no blemishes ... and no worms is a rare thing!).
 
Nice shots LaFoto, and indeed nice fruit, I've always found homegrown grapes to be too sour for my liking so my dad usually made them into wine, along with other weird concoctions. Speaking of which anyone ever tried fermenting parsnips? They make really good wine, very sweet.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
Ah, if anyone could let me into the secret of making one's own wine, I would love to try it (though the amount of grapes we get is too little - and they do make you pull funny faces, some don't but most do, also ours ;)).
 
sweet shots corinna! love the first backlit one.. nice detail!
cool series... thanks for sharing :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
Thank YOU for looking :D.
I am still waiting for your recipes for anything made from APPLES! ;)
(My personal favourite is the last, I guess).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom