Lean Left

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
Can't decide if I like the way this one came out yet.

I have a few shots and liked the b&w better. Let me know what you think. Suggestions on composer would be great as this location can be revisited.

IMG_1252c.jpg

Thanks!

I like it but i'd be tempted to either step back or zoom out a little to get the left hand edge of the leaning branch in shot...

I think black and white looks stunning but having said that I haven't seen a colour version.

I agree that this one needs to be zoomed out a bit, also I would try and bring out some clouds in the sky behind the tree. If this place is close enough to go back to try it on a day with some clouds in the sky. As with all outdoor B&W photography try one shot with a red filter and one without... sometimes it can really make the sky look amazing behind an interesting subject like this one.

I will see if I accidently cropped that left side out of the original or if I have another shot with the left side in. I can also post a colored version if you are interested...but I prefer the B&W.

As for the clouds, well, there were no clouds that day. It was extremly overcast and the lighting everywere was extremly difficult to work with. The clouds you see were photoshoped in to give the pic some more texture.

Maybe when the weather shapes up again I will go back. In the meantime, I gotta work with what I got.

thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back