What's new

Leanach Cottage C&C Please!

Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
6,111
Reaction score
2,486
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8660834295_b6b7aa8856_b.jpg


Leanach Cottage on Culloden Moor dates from around 1746 and is the only surviving building after the battle of Culloden. Rumor has it that 30 wounded Jacobite soldiers were found taking refuge after the battle in one of it's outbuildings, when they were found by Government troops they were barricaded in and burned alive. It was inhabited until 1912, then preserved by the Gaelic Society of Inverness. It is now kept by the National Trust for Scotland.
 
Last edited:
Hmmm... it seems a bit sterile to me. With the cottage virtually dead-center, and the flanking trees... I'd like to a different angle, perhaps something a little closer? LOTS of potential here, but I'm not sure this execution fully realizes it.
 
Thanks tirediron, this was my first tone mapped HDR so it took a wee while to edit. I agree with your description, for me it just lacks impact but I don't really know why or what I could have done to change it. I'll admit that it doesn't quite portray what I was trying to get across.

One of the things I don't like is the sky is three different shades of blue, but weirdly its the same in the single raw images too but that day was very changeable and it had just stopped raining too.

I took a few pics from a slightly different angle, so I'll have a wee gander at the other images I have and see if I think any of them are good enough to post, though taking good pics of heritage sites can be difficult!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom