weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In 1746 a battle was fought on Culloden Moor, just north of Inverness, Scotland. In the midst of a civil war the Jacobite army and the Government troops faced off against each other on this field. The battle was short and bloody victory for the goverment troops, they sustained losses of around 50 men while the Jacobites lost over 1000. This was not a battle against the English, but one that pited brother against brother and was the last pitched battle on Scottish soil.

1. The Memorial

The Memorial by wee_pete, on Flickr

2. The Clans

The Clans by wee_pete, on Flickr

3. The Field of the English

Field of the English by wee_pete, on Flickr

I've tried to keep these pretty dark and moody but highilght the subjects in the foreground. My processing skills still need a lot of work so C&C would be welcome.

Nice shots. I believe my ancestors come from near there. Perhaps some of my bloodline fell in that field. I'm a McKim which would put me in the Fraser Clan from what I understand.

Thanks mate. It is a possibility though I would imagine difficult to determine though the Frasers were certianly there.

Here's a link to a pretty decent account of the battle in case yourself or anyone else is interested

http://www.britishbattles.com/battle_of_culloden.htm

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back