leave comment im new =)

Lrg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cai3ohqfnf6.jpg

not bad for a cellphone pic.

the one thing that I see first off is the centered horizon. do a google search for "rule of thirds".

thank you very much =) i will continue posting nice picks from canada until i buy something better than my cellphone XD any sugestion for newcomers in photography

peacefulsunsetframedum1.jpg

whats do you think about these changes? i cuted a bit from the sky to apply "the rule of thirds" as much as possible.And i added a nice frame with paint haha ^^

thks for looking =)

Well, a) welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Then, b) you will wish for a real camera for Christmas, urgently, I guess ;) :D.
Also, c) the smaller, framed version is much easier to view than the large one with which this thread began. Thanks for showing it smaller. The frame enhances the photo a little.

The smaller size also shows less of the artefacts your 1.3px-camera-phone-pic shows when shown larger. Which sure helps, hm? ;)

As to your changes ... hm ... well, actually I think you moved the horizon even more towards the centre of the photo by cropping off a bit of sky. Cropping off a bit of water would have brought about a shift of the horizon line towards the lower third. Along with that kind of crop you could also easily have lost the bush in the foreground. To return to some normal print ratio, you could have then cropped in from the right (enough black there that might also "go").

However, I really don't mind the centred horizon in this particular picture, since the colours of the sky that reflect so nicely in the water are just too lovely for you to be wanting to lose too much of them.

I am amazed to see what photos can be taken with a phone!!!

thks im now an addicted to photography =)

There was a discussion on a photo I submitted about the "Rule of Thirds". A couple of points made were that 1) there is absolutely nothing wrong with symmetry and 2) "abraxas", "Alex B" and myself agree that the "Appeal of Thirds" would be a better suited terminology because the "Rule of Thirds" is really just a guideline. Rules are made to be broken!

I prefer the original picture.

As myself i take picture with my feelling. I will never focus a shot on a rules =/ I still can apply those tho ;) but i rather dont use them

Nothing wrong for beginners to stay with the rules/guidelines/agreements/consents/appeals or --- now what was Hertz's word for them again!?!?!?

Like when you learn to drive, you must stick to the rules of traffic very very closely, else your instructor or later the testing person will tell you "Failed". Later you might allow yourself to become more relaxed about it. (I'm not saying "break them" though, not in traffic!) And I feel that in order to create artistic images, it is NOT only one's own feeling (yes, a lot of it IS it, but next to being an art, photography is ALSO a skill, and a craft), but some fundamentals NEED to be known (and it is not WRONG to also use them in one or the other photo!).

That said, I still find that this particular photo works fine with the centred horizon!

i didnt said it was wrong. i meant that cuz if you look the second one you see a nice centred picture (a landscape) and then if you look the first one you can see again a landscape but in this one there's more feeling you can see exactly what whats i was aiming. And it make you think and imagine.( wich is the point of photography...Being able to take some picture of nice moment/spot and share them) im probably wrong since im starting ;)

so if you can apply both of those i figure that you can reach even more public like kundalini there is no bad bad point in ether of any rule( in my word i would classificate it as STYLE.)

Lrg*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back