What's new

Leaves on Fire

Nice shot, seems a little dark, cloudy day?
 
It has the feel of an impressionist painting. Very impressive. Is this another of your infamous "drive by" shots?

Edit: I didn't see the text above the photo because reasons. I definitely like it a lot.
 
Last edited:
I like this one a lot. The colors are wonderful.
 
Nice shot, seems a little dark, cloudy day?

Thanks Matt, hmm, it doesn't look too dark on my devices but that's not always a great measure lol, a typical autumn day, likely overcast.

It has the feel of an impressionist painting. Very impressive. Is this another of your infamous "drive by" shots?

Edit: I didn't see the text above the photo because reasons. I definitely like it a lot.
Thanks! Yep it's one of "those" shots ;)

I like this one a lot. The colors are wonderful.
Thanks Sleist!!
 
I think it's an amazing shot! The colors are nice, but I think it's the motion aspect I like the most. I looked through the set on Flickr and it rocks. Following you on Flickr now!
 
Very cool, and it really does look like an oil painting! What do you think about cropping out the three trees on the right? I think it would make the photo much more dramatic.

edit: crop suggestion
 

Attachments

  • $image.webp
    $image.webp
    143.8 KB · Views: 89
Hi Judi! I was going to suggest exactly what PropilotBW did in his edit. To me, the dark trunk just to the left of the leaves is dramatically detailed, and is nicely backdropped by the leaves. The parts that ProPilotBW cropped out, didn't really contribute much (in my opinion) and diluted the interplay between the two main elements that I see as significant.
 
Thanks all!

Propilot and Paul, I like where you went with it, I will have to revisit ;) I think I got caught up on trying to get the different depths and textures with those 3 trees and didn't see the simpler option.
 
I give you a lot of credit for taking two things that are generally frowned upon (blur and shooting stationary objects from a moving car), and have legitimately turned them into art. Your signature line definitely applies.
 
Thank you so much Mini! :)
 
I see it's already fall in Canada. How was your summer?
 
as always, your images are very 'moving'

Ahh i see what i did there.

But honestly, great image! I like the edit Propilot did too!

Love the colors on this one!
 
Hey PixelRabbit,

In a confusion, a blur effect or the original blur click. Whatever it is, but an amazing click, I say.
 
Lol R, it was a great week!
Hiten, teehee :) clever ;)

Thanks guys :)


Hey PixelRabbit,

In a confusion, a blur effect or the original blur click. Whatever it is, but an amazing click, I say.

Thanks so much Photopix, it's technically motion blur ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom