Leaving this forum

Of course, I know that, but it doesn't mean they need to keep it forever. :) So I remove them when I am done.. Everyone wins.

I don't understand why you have problems. I just posted several photos in the gallery by clicking on the picture icon at the bottom of the editor window. Dead easy.
I understood that it is better to post from a third party site so I opened an account with Flickr and uploaded my pictures then I tried to follow the instructions but when the instructions say click on the "share this" drop down menu at the top of the photo well that menu doesn't exist at least on my mac so then I tried to post directly to the site and it tells me I don't have permission, so this shouldn't really be this difficult to share a photo.

I use flickr myself. Open your picture on Flickr - you'll see 4 white icons on the lower right, click on the arrow pointing towards the righ, select BBcode.

Copy and paste the string of BBcode to the forum, like this:

20160320 639 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr
When I look at my photos on Flickr I don't have four icons at the bottom I only have two A star and a comment bubble.

I don't understand why you have problems. I just posted several photos in the gallery by clicking on the picture icon at the bottom of the editor window. Dead easy.
I understood that it is better to post from a third party site so I opened an account with Flickr and uploaded my pictures then I tried to follow the instructions but when the instructions say click on the "share this" drop down menu at the top of the photo well that menu doesn't exist at least on my mac so then I tried to post directly to the site and it tells me I don't have permission, so this shouldn't really be this difficult to share a photo.

I use flickr myself. Open your picture on Flickr - you'll see 4 white icons on the lower right, click on the arrow pointing towards the righ, select BBcode.

Copy and paste the string of BBcode to the forum, like this:

20160320 639 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr
OK I finally got it thank you very much for your help!

When I look at my photos on Flickr I don't have four icons at the bottom I only have two A star and a comment bubble.

Ok, so if your logged into flickr and go into your photostream, click on the photo you want, you should see these 4 icons at the bottom right:

upload_2016-4-3_15-51-22.png

See the third one, that looks like an arrow pointing right? That's the one your after. Check to make sure your logged into flickr, and that your clicking on the photo you want from your photostream. If that still doesn't work, try changing browsers. I use chrome myself.

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-3_15-50-25.png
    upload_2016-4-3_15-50-25.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
That doesn't work well in Edge.

Ok, so if your logged into flickr and go into your photostream, click on the photo you want, you should see these 4 icons at the bottom right:

View attachment 118848

See the third one, that looks like an arrow pointing right? That's the one your after. Check to make sure your logged into flickr, and that your clicking on the photo you want from your photostream. If that still doesn't work, try changing browsers. I use chrome myself.
I have it fi
I wouldn't leave the picture on this site for too long, the site requires that they be allowed to use it if it stays here. I share a pic, then after a while, I go back and remove them again.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
Thanks for the info!

View attachment 118848

I have it fi
I wouldn't leave the picture on this site for too long, the site requires that they be allowed to use it if it stays here. I share a pic, then after a while, I go back and remove them again.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
Thanks for the info!
Lol.. Well it's not like the forum is stealing your pics and using them to print T shirts. They have to have a clause like that or whenever someone else viewed the photos you post here they would be in violation of your copyright.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I don't know Robbins, the squirrel looks like it doesn't get it, it might be confused! lol Nice of you to help out.

In case people don't already know, Yahoo is supposedly going to sell off Flickr. AstroNikon has a thread going on it.

I have similar concerns as Watchful. Tim, there's a difference between copyright and usage. Yes, you own the copyright to your photos. But if the Terms on a site state the site can use the photos, then that leaves the door open for usage in ways beyond the site, especially when redistribution etc. Instead of Terms being so broad I think they could be more specific to site usage.

Of course, I know that, but it doesn't mean they need to keep it forever. :) So I remove them when I am done.. Everyone wins.
Except anyone trying to read a thread after you've removed them.:rolleyes:

I wait until no one is looking at it any longer, so it's ok.
The moderators can always delete old threads if they wish. I have seen a lot of posts with pictures hosted on other sites that have been removed or moved and the pictures are gone, it's certainly not a big deal.

Most reactions

Back