Legal age of a photographer to TAKE nudes of an adult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the question, the legal age of a photographer trying to take nudes of an adult? Not the legal age of an adult trying to take nudes of a child. If I understand the question, I would assume if the photographer is over the legal age in his or her country then that would be the correct answer.

That thought occurred to me too; I don't know in a nudist camp/resort if there are family areas or if they're adult only. But that would be unusual for someone to live that lifestyle; it didn't seem like that was what was being discussed.

I believe nudist sites are very open plan, while nude modelling like this would be on a one to one basis - VERY different IMO.

I wouldn't expect art students to do nudes until 'A' level (16 -18 year olds) and there from what I've heard it would be with a group sitting round the model.

In the UK parents have apparently been accused to being pedophiles for photographing their own children at the playground!

What happens in nude camps? Are children allowed there? Are family pictures being taken? (Note that I didn't see the OP's picture. I assume it was taken down.)

hell. our house is practically a nude camp. Though we're not taking photos of each other, our kids have seen us naked plenty of times.

Though I do remember once a little hand carrying a camera poking through the bathroom door to snap a photo of me on the toilet. WTF?

Ok, the OP is gone, but the thread lives on.

I don't know if there is a legal age for this... I think here it would be similar to what Petrochemist described, that a child this age would not be participating in figure drawing art classes (or photography classes) with nude models. A parent posing nude for her preteen son seems to be at least questionable. And it's different than family situations in the home where there may be a certain amount of being undressed or running around in your undies! lol But he's not a little kid either at 11.

I don't think it's possible to figure out the situation based on such little info., and not that it's up to us to judge it. But from the info. given, and from what I know from years of working with kids, this seems like it would be reportable. The reason is that while there could be some reasonable explanation (a possibility that the family could be naturists, or maybe consider this to be acceptable) there's also a possibility that there could be other inappropriate sexual contact happening in this child's home. It seems like it would need to be checked out.

It's probably unlikely that the OP would be able to do much anyway, but I'd think as likely as not this kid will be talking about this and at some point it will come to the attention of adult(s) - who I would think would find it questionable and report it and get the situation checked into.

Nudity isn't as forbidden and taboo outside the US. Before we go all "linch mob" lets realize this is just a photography forum.
worse yet, people confuse nudity and sexuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back