Lens Across America Round 4

It's to keep the current participant from claiming, "I gotta keep the lens because I don't have the funds to send it to the next person.".

oh good point.

But what if two people in a row can't "afford" to send it?

they should sell thier nikon or get a job.

There was no 5 spot when I received it either, but I paid $25 to have it shipped overnight to you and insured by FedEx, so I wouldn't complain.

Daryl, I don't think anyone is complaining. He merely stated a fact. You also stated a fact in that there was no $5 bill when you received it.

Your spending $25 for overnight shipping was unnecessarily expensive, and the next person receiving the lens a day or two sooner would hardly make anyone's experience substantially better.

They get the lens sooner? And I also said it was insured, so even if it was lost we could get a new one.

Paying for overnight delivery and/or insurance really isn't necessary. The lens just isn't worth it.

I understand that.. I also just didn't realize how expensive FedEx would be -_-

usps priority is $11 at the most depending on distance is always 2-3 day delivery. and will come saturdays.

just fwiw.

There was no 5 spot when I received it either, but I paid $25 to have it shipped overnight to you and insured by FedEx, so I wouldn't complain.

There was a second piece of bubble wrap on it own, on top that the 5 was wrapped up in. It was the previous persons 5 as I can ship from work for free.

not trying to place blame or whatever just covering my own booty.

I'm glad some of you realized and agreed that I wasn't being a jerk; simply stating facts as presented. I also am glad others agree it wasn't my fault he chose to ship fedex overnight... I had taken major offense to dgm's post and decided to hold my tounge for a bit.

Anyway. I think this is the non-macro version of this lens..that or I have no idea how to shoot in macro mode.

Hopefully I'll get to post some pics tonight after turkey day festivities are done

..........Anyway. I think this is the non-macro version of this lens..that or I have no idea how to shoot in macro mode........

Put the lens at 35mm. Push the silver button and turn the ring so the orange M lines up with the big white mark. Macro mode.

I'm glad some of you realized and agreed that I wasn't being a jerk; simply stating facts as presented. I also am glad others agree it wasn't my fault he chose to ship fedex overnight... I had taken major offense to dgm's post and decided to hold my tounge for a bit.

Anyway. I think this is the non-macro version of this lens..that or I have no idea how to shoot in macro mode.

Hopefully I'll get to post some pics tonight after turkey day festivities are done

And I took major offense to yours. I suppose we're even.

Sent a message on Wednesday to next person about what address or etc....no response. She hasn't logged in since last Friday. Should I give her another day or so since its a holiday week or move on to next person? I plan on shipping it out Monday...

Sent a message on Wednesday to next person about what address or etc....no response. She hasn't logged in since last Friday. Should I give her another day or so since its a holiday week or move on to next person? I plan on shipping it out Monday...

Yeah, give her a bit more time. She may be visiting family.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back