Lens Across America Round 4

So, anyone thought to take this awesome project to the next level and include us outside of America? "TPF Across the Globe", so to speak :biggrin:

Customs fees, import duties and tariffs tend to make it quite expensive.

It's in my hands and survived the ordeal to this point. Couple of small dings up front but nothing to worry about. I'll toss a 1A filter on it. We're not tucking cash in with it anymore?

Sitting an the humidor attached to my D90. S'posed ta snow some tonight. Might make for some interesting shots.

Finally got some photos processed and posted on the panoramio site--but I didn't think about the fact that there would be a NEW LOA group on the site, so I'm waiting for @480sparky to approve my request to join the group. Also, sorry sparky, but I had already added one picture to the OLD group before I realized there was probably a new one!!

Here's a few of my favorites:

Stepping Downtown: (Stairs going up a steep hill right at the edge between downtown and south of the river)
LOA_Rd4_3961editweb.jpg

Foggy morning in Cades Cove:
LOA_Rd4_0002editweb.jpg

Spring Comes to the Cemetery (Cades Cove):
LOA_Rd4_0031editweb.jpg

Leaving Cades Cove:
LOA_Rd4_0074editweb.jpg

CadesCove_0081editweb.jpg

Sent snowbear a PM fro an address to send the lens to.

Haven't shot a lot with it. Just can't seem to shoot anything I'm happy with lately. Here's a shot anyway.

DSC_0911_098tag5.JPG

Lens is on it's way to snowbear. It has an aberration I've never seen before. I thought there was a blemish on one of the inside elements but on closer inspection it's a small insect. Doesn't effect the image just a weird occurrence.

oh and then me! luckily we are locals! maybe ill get to professional guest shoot my wedding on the 11th with it.

We are going to Wilmington and Philly on Friday so it will get to cross the ditch.

Lens is on it's way to snowbear. It has an aberration I've never seen before. I thought there was a blemish on one of the inside elements but on closer inspection it's a small insect. Doesn't effect the image just a weird occurrence.

I was wondering when someone would notice that little guy.

One of your uberwhatzits gone wrong?

One of your uberwhatzits gone wrong?

Nope. He had already taken up residency when I bought it.

IT'S HERE! I guess I'm taking my camera to DC tomorrow.

• The lens has arrived and seems to be in good shape.
  • I think I see the hitchhiker behind the front element.
  • I hope the high-class case has been washed (I'll not saying any more so the rest can enjoy that little surprise)
  • Is the A1 value-added bonus or did someone forget it and want it back?

Last edited:
Nah I tossed the filter on 'cause I felt it needed one. Yep one of those guys.

Uhm.............high class case??? Got me curious.

Most reactions

Back