Lens Adapter (Nikon Lens to 4/3 Body)

Dulouz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone here use lens mount adapters and if so what are your results?

I have an Olympus E410 and I'm interested in getting some Nikon and Sigma lenses. Is this a good option?

Usually the adapters are more trouble than they're worth, you'll commonly lose some functionality like Aperture control or auto-focusing or even metering, and sometimes you'll loose infinity focus too. Due to the design of the lens mounts, I know you can get adapters that fit other lenses to Canon systems while still having infinity focus, but I think this might be the only system out there like this (shortest distance from sensor plane to lens mount plane vs other systems, thus leaving room for adapters, or something like that.) I've never heard of any adapters for other systems to Olympus, but I could be wrong. Generally you're stuck with what is offered for your specific system. I know that Sigma does make some lenses specifically for the Olympus system though, so you might try to find some of those.

Actually Mav one of the benefits of the 4/3rds system is that because of the size of the lens mount it is possible to convert any lens system to 4/3rds without losing infinity focus and without adding a corrective element.

The aperture and autofocus problems are still there though.

Actually Mav one of the benefits of the 4/3rds system is that because of the size of the lens mount it is possible to convert any lens system to 4/3rds without losing

I thought I had heard that. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back