lens adjustment/mfa

slat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Tamron lens with the tap in console. Is it better to use the console to adjust the lens, do MFA through the camera or both?

I have a Tamron lens with the tap in console. Is it better to use the console to adjust the lens, do MFA through the camera or both?

slat, I don't know anything about Tamron lenses. I'll assume that by tap-in-console, you mean a Dock?
I've only used Canon lenses on a Canon camera and the MFA is always done with the camera itself.
What does Tamron recommend? If the Console allows the camera to talk to the lens then maybe it can be done through the console itself but for sure the camera has to be involved. r switch to lenses made by the camera manufacturer. good luck!
SS

Likewise, I don't know about Tamron but my Sigma 150-600 has a dock for adjustments, settings and updates. If that's the same sort of set up as the Tamron, then Youtube might furnish you with the information and guidance you seek.

Have several Tamron lenses along with the Tap-In and have done quite a bit of tuning. First thing to do is see if your lens needs tuning. Use the Tap-In to look at the tuning table. If it's a prime, there should be 3 distance entries and you will want to test at those 3 distances. If it's a zoom you will see a table of 3 distances and several different zoom factors. You will want to test each table entry. To see if your lens needs tuning, set up a target at one of the distances and take 3 or 4 pictures using AF through the viewfinder (uses phase detection AF) and 3 or 4 using Live View (used contrast detection AF). Use the sharpest in each set for comparison. Use a tripod, remote release, manual mode, raw. If they are about the same IQ, no tuning necessary. If the Live View shot is sharper, then you can benefit from tuning. Use the Tap-In to make the viewfinder and Live View images the same. It takes time and patience for a zoom, it's not too bad for a prime.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back