Lens cap... critique away :)

ceriwen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to photography and very open to any advice that anyone has. I am here to learn :)

This is just something I was fiddling around with last night:
$lens_and_cover_by_ceriwen-d5b0r6x.jpg

This is (obviously) my lens cap, and the shot was taken looking through a lens piece that was just sitting on the counter. I don't really have all of the specifics with me right now.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the advice and comments :)

Do you have any emotional connection to this? Start thinking in terms of what connection people will have to your pictures. You want to pull people in.

Not so much, no. I was just fiddling around with some things. I know what you mean by emotional connection though. Thanks :)

Sometimes fiddling around results in very interesting angles and approaches to everyday subjects. It's very hit and miss though. this might be a miss in that it doesn't have any real subject or anything to keep the viewer's attention.

But that's ok. Keep fiddling. next one might be a hit !

That lens cap says "anon".. that is what it wrong with this photo! If it said "ikon", it would be much more attractive! :) :p (yes.. just kidding!)

Lens cap photos are a dime-a-dozen. We've all done them and just about every one sucks as much as the last ;) Sorry, that was a joke and I hope you don't take offense.

When I first got my 50mm 1.8, I did use my lens cap to figure out how DOF works. I didn't post them here, because let's face it... a lens cap is a lens cap is a lens cap. It's boring. You are onto something with this though (not the subject, but the idea): shooting through something, whether it be a window, toilet paper tube, whatever! can add some depth and dimension to your photographs.

That lens cap says "anon".. that is what it wrong with this photo! If it said "ikon", it would be much more attractive! :) :p (yes.. just kidding!)

Hey now, ikon is my contracting company (aka, Ricoh)

I have never taken a picture of a lens cap.

I like the use of the lens component in this, it's an interesting visual idea that we don't see all that often. I think there's too much crap in the background, and the light's dull, but there's an idea here. More in the lens component than the lens cap, but they're both photography themed so, good. Fool with it, see where it takes you. Less is more.

amolitor said:

I like the use of the lens component in this, it's an interesting visual idea that we don't see all that often. I think there's too much crap in the background, and the light's dull, but there's an idea here. More in the lens component than the lens cap, but they're both photography themed so, good. Fool with it, see where it takes you. Less is more.

Really?

It's not much more than a test picture.

amolitor said:

A lens cap... Or something of equally cliche nature. Lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back