Lens cleaning fluid?

i just use the same lens cleaning fluid for my glasses. Its basically just distilled water and alcohol. Micro fiber cloth and a tiny bit of fluid. It does not take much at all. I usually try to clean with just a cloth first to see if that will get the job done.

I haven't had to use anything other than a blower on my lenses in quite a long while but I've used high quality lens tissue with good results when needed. I use my breath, I find all those lens solutions make more work out of it.

Beg to differ. A rocket blower and lens pen always gives me supeb results

I'm sure it does, the problem with lenspens is they act like a buffing wheel. If you have any spec remotely hard enough to scratch glass the pen will hold it and gently grind it over the lens surface as you wipe. That and they aren't disposable so the longer you own it the more likely it is to do damage. The microfibre bristles on the other side though are fantastic, I own a lenspen just for them.

Lens cleaning fluid is a luxury, just use spit and a clean tissue.

Garbz said:
I'm sure it does, the problem with lenspens is they act like a buffing wheel. If you have any spec remotely hard enough to scratch glass the pen will hold it and gently grind it over the lens surface as you wipe. That and they aren't disposable so the longer you own it the more likely it is to do damage. The microfibre bristles on the other side though are fantastic, I own a lenspen just for them.

Isn't that why in the instructions they tell you to use the brush, then scrub?

Instead of a fluid just buy a couple of lens pens. They are the shiz nit for cleaning lenses.

I REALLY should read before I post sometimes!

If the lens needs cleaning, it must be time to replace it!....NOT!

Industry datndard for cleaning lenses: denatured alcohol or methanol, sometimes mixed with acetone. Available in pint cans at your local hardware store. That's ALL you need, nothing fancy from a camera store (which is probably mostly water). I'm hoping the "spit and tissue" response was a joke. John

I prefer reagant grade methanol or acetone, kimwipes or pec pad and drag technique will give you a spotless surface every time.

Another case for using the top rack of the dishwasher, just make sure to use some water spot remover with the soap.

BTW, using ispopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol to most folks) will leave a film on the lens. If you must use alcahol stick to usnig denatured alcohol or methanol.

I use the No Glare Lens Cleaner for Opitics sold in an 8oz bottle at Sams Club, I refill my little spray bottle when needed that fits in my back pack. Use a cotton TShirt in a circular motion. Very satisfied with this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back