Lens compatibility question

chris74

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in the process of buying my first DSLR. If I buy a Canon EOS xti, will lenses that were used on a Canon EOS 35mm work on the digital camera? I think that they will, but I want to make sure. Thanks in advance for the help.

yes. EF lenses will work with a Canon DSLR.

Thanks for the information guys. I have access to these lenses for free from a friend of mine that got out of photography a long time ago. I am just wondering if using these lenses will be worth my while, or if I should stay away from them and just use lenses designed for digital cameras. Thanks again.

Go for it. The may even be better than many of the lenses designed specifically for digital cameras.

I wouldn't really get too caught up in the lenses designed for digital cameras (i.e. Canon's EF-S mount lenses). There's not that big of a selection, they seem overpriced and you're severely limiting yourself if you ever want to upgrade to a full-frame sensor. Also, I imagine that one of these days, it wouldn't be impractical or unbelievable that even entry-level dSLRs might come with full-frame sensors. So even then if you decide to "side-grade" rather than upgrade, you'd still be stuck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back