lens for a sony cybershot w55?

hvyliftr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im brand new to photography, concidering which i think my shots have been coming out pretty impressive... I bought my cybershot a couple weeks ago so i could send home pictures of the places i get to see while on deployment with the navy. im looking for a descent telephoto lens for the w55 cybershot, but i know nothing about what kind of specs to look for. (I find the 3x zoom on the cybershot to be extremely lacking unless your within a foot or 2... unless im trying to take a landscape pic)

this lens is just gonna be a quick fix. im going to be looking for a camera that has a sharper image very shortly (suggestions on that would be cool too)

and i apologize for the newbie questions

thanks all
mark

Welcome to the forum.

The problem with cameras that have built-in lenses...is that the lens is built in. You can't change then lens...you can only add an adapter/filter to the front...and that usually means a drop in image quality. You may be just just as well off using a tripod to maximize your sharpness and then crop the image.

As for a camera in the future...look at an SLR style camera. Not only will you have interchangeable lenses...but the image quality will be much better.

Most reactions

Back