Lens help... (img heavy)

BTW: the 55mm f1.2 prime is worth about $350 to $400 if it's in decent shape--quite a find.

Also, d200's are cheap these days, you may consider selling your d40 and upgrading to a d200 which will meter with these older lenses.

Hrmn, maybe if I save up a couple hundred to cover the extra cost I could do that...thanks for the tip!

If it's a Nikon F4, it's a fairly modern (1987) camera, and is in fact an autofocus camera, assuming you have an AF lens to put on it. It will not, however, use 'G' lenses that do not have aperture rings.

So I went to the park and tried out my zoom lens. I really like the results and the greenish tinge it gives the picture : )

3468553261_941b19013b.jpg

You got some nice lenses there.
First one is a Tokina 80-200mm f/2.8 - nice fast zoomy.
Second one is a Nikkor-Q (non-AI) 135mm f/3.5-f/32 - It is 1950's era.
Third is that Nikkor 55mm f/1.2 prime - super fast, ought to be a real nice portrait lens

That 135mm lens appears to have a green colored filter on the front.

I still cant tell what the last one is because of that filter. Looks like a UV or possibly a Neutral Density filter on it.

You can unscrew the filters off the lenses.

Which one was that pic shot with?

The 135 with the green filter :3 I actually didn't realize it had a filter till I took the picture xD I like it though.

well, judging by that pic, it looks clean. Take the filter off, and you're probably gonna like the result even more. That tokina ought to be pretty awesome too. Considering the Nikon version runs around $1000 bucks.

I took the lens on and you're right xD

I am in love with the portrait lens. Great little lens to use : ) Thank you for all your help~

Most reactions

Back