lens hood question

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have an adjustable rubber lens hood on my d40, even with the hood retracted and the lens set to 18mm i can see the edges of the hood. what sort of hood should i use to eliminate this? thx

You should use the hood that Nikon recommends for that lens.

On a side note, I was at a camera store about an hour ago...and they had a whole bin of those rubber lens hood...ten cents a piece.

Holy hell. Yea. If your lens hood is interfering with your camera at 18MM - it's not designed for that lens. 10 cents though, I'd get one just to have one. Not a whole lot you can get for 10 cents these days.

its because that hood is not meant for that lens... its just a "generic hood" the one that you can buy for the 18-55 lens is such a waste of money because it is so small... i wouldnt waste your money.. and if your shooting at 18mm, you cant use the hood you have

so dont use one at all?

If its f'ing up your shots (meaning the petals are so large that the viewing angle of the lens is picking up on it), then no. Don't use it.

I've put this link on another thread dealing with lens hoods. if you want to save money, you don't need the protective function of the lens hood, and aren't fraid of looking "uncool" with a home-made hood this is the website for you my friend:
http://www.lenshoods.co.uk/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back