What's new

Lens hood

I have mine pretty much all the time. I hardly ever use my flash so I found out the hard way on a family getaway that using the hood with flash and the wide angle of my lens consistantly caused a dark shadow in the lower middle of the picture. Unfortunate since I don't see family too often. Could crop out some of it but alas it was a lesson learned. That's the only time I had a problem with it on though. I like that it plain old protects the end of the lens when i set it about and don't want to keep putting the lens cap on.

That shadow is caused because the pop-up flash is too close to the lens axis. Get an external flash and your problems will be solved.
 
Yeah I remove my lenshood when I'm using my popup flash because I get the same thing. I don't bring my external flash everywhere with me because sometimes I'm just casually hanging out with my friends or something and I'll bring the camera just for some snapshots since I don't own a P&S
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom