Lens ID, What camera make does THIS fit ?

Raymond Greenlees

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks, I just recently acquired a SIGMA lens but have no idea as to which camera it fits.. I'm a NIKON owner and it doesn't fit any of my cameras, I'll throw up some pics of the business end.
Thanks in advance (y)

DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG

My vote is for Sony E mount.

Joe

Sigma never made that lens with E-mount.
I think only Canon EF, Sigma SA, and Minolta/Sony A-mount (I don't mention Nikon as it would have pins not contacts).

My initial thought was that it was Sigma SA but there seems to be too many pins, too many for EF too. Looking at KEH's mount guide The Lens Mount Guide: Part 1 it looks like Leica R or Leica digital.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

My initial thought was that it was Sigma SA but there seems to be too many pins, too many for EF too. Looking at KEH's mount guide The Lens Mount Guide: Part 1 it looks like Leica R or Leica digital.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
EF Mounts also have a slight seperation and "step" in the contacts

Leica digital would be my guess. Based on the KEH lens mount guide.

My Sony E-mounts have 10 contacts.

Looks like it too dxqcanada... Now to either sell it on or buy an Olympus.
Thanks everyone <3

Just a generic 77mm lens cap I'm afraid....

Contemporary, Sport, and Art series models are what the mount conversion service is applied to...the OP's lens is from an earlier series...

Checking my mount references I see the Contax G1 & four thirds mounts are the only ones I've seen with 9 square electrical contacts. As the G1 has a 4 tab bayonet we can rule that out. I think the original 4/3 (NOT micro 4/3) is the likely candidate. You can confirm this with a ruler the 4/3 mount is ~46.5mm across the bayonet tabs & ~44mm across between the tabs...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back