What's new

Just a little confusion on my part.

strider1500

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 31, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
usa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings,
I recently purchased a few used EOS Rebel film cameras and wanted to start acquiring some lenses for them.
I bought through an online auction a Canon EF-S lens and it does not fit any of the camera bodies. I was under the impression that these cameras accepted both EF and EF-S lenses.
Is it possible I need to find an adapter to make this work?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
 
EF-S lens is for crop sensor digital cameras and will not work with a (full frame) film camera. Far as I know there is no adapter.
 
You cannot adapt an EF-S lens to an EOS Rebel film camera because the lens's rear element will physically interfere with the camera's mirror, causing potential damage to both the lens and the camera. EF-S lenses are designed for digital crop-sensor cameras, which have a different internal structure than film cameras.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom