Lens question

Skelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dumb question: if a lens fits one model it should fit all models of that same brand, right?
I want to get some new glass for my Nikon FM10 and I don't want to screw it up.

Dumb question: if a lens fits one model it should fit all models of that same brand, right?
I want to get some new glass for my Nikon FM10 and I don't want to screw it up.

Nikon, yes.

Cannon, no.

p!nK

you don't want anything with a DX nomenclature though.....

Check out Thon Hogan's website, under the Nikon tab... bythom.com

This is a good reference page. It does omit the OP's FM10 for some reason. The FM10 belongs grouped with the FM2.

The page also omits two groups of somewhat rare lenses. One "group" is a group with one member, the original 21mm f/4. This lens requires a mirror lockup and a special alignment tab in the body and will only fit the F and F2.

The other group is the original set of F-mount lenses. These lenses differ from the common later pre-AI lenses in that their f/stop rings extend back from the lens flange several mm. Without modification, they will only fit the F, F2, Nikkormat FS, and Nikkorex F. They will not fit any metered Nikkormat nor will they fit any of the AI metering bodies that accept the other pre-AI lenses, other than the F2 with the Photomic A and AS finders. While most or all of the 21mm f/4 Nikkors are also members of this group, the 21 won't fit anything other than the F and F2 even if modified. Nikon offered modification in the early to mid-60's but hasn't for over 40 years.

Most reactions

Back