Lens questions...

JAC526

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello TPF,

I have a Canon 5D classic. I already have a Sigma 50 f1.4. I'm looking at purchasing another prime lens. Currently I am going back and forth between buying a telephoto or wide angle.

I shoot mainly portraits. I really like the ability wide angles give you to get close and offer an interesting perspective. However, I currently don't have anything in the classic focal lengths for portraits (e.g. 85-135mm).

I am debating between the Canon 100 f2 or the Canon 28 f1.8. I am doing all location shooting some inside some outside. I'm worried that if I pick up the 100 my 50 won't be wide enough for environmental style portraits indoors.

I'm also kind of worried that the 100 is kind of a one trick pony (classic 3/4 portrait and headshots).

The 100 gets really great reviews. The 28 is a little more of a mixed bag.

I'm also thinking because the only Canon wide angles that get really good reviews are the L series primes but currently those are out of the budget. So I was thinking pick up the 100 f2 for now and save for the wide angle.

I would just like to hear some impressions from people who have owned these lenses.

Thanks guys,

Joe

Most reactions

Back