Lens rental recommendations? Who do you use?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which are your go-to sites for lens rentals?

Thinking of torturing myself by renting a Nikon 24-70 2.8 for an upcoming vacation as I'm wanting to bring just one zoom lens with me. Mostly will be shooting candid family photos and some artsy fartsy stuff in Disneyland. Will it be that much of an improvement over my Sigma 17-70 2.8-4? I'm usually happy with that one but it can be a bit slow to focus in low light. I'll also be bringing my 35mm 1.8 for fireworks and dark rides.

I just rented a lense from borrowlenses.com. Shipping was very speedy, and return is very easy as well! I'll definitely be using them in the future.
Im a Canon user, so I have the Canon 24-70 F4 and really love it. It's extremely versatile!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

The last (and only, ha) time I've rented, I did it through a local camera shop. It was cheaper, and I knew I could go stand in the store and annoy them if I had a problem.

I'm currently renting a Zeiss lens from LensRentals. It came on time, very well packaged, and in great condition. For a two week rental, it's actually cheaper than my local camera shop, although if I only needed it for a day or two the local shop would be cheaper (no shipping fee.)

I just rented a lense from borrowlenses.com. Shipping was very speedy, and return is very easy as well! I'll definitely be using them in the future.
Im a Canon user, so I have the Canon 24-70 F4 and really love it. It's extremely versatile!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

The last (and only, ha) time I've rented, I did it through a local camera shop. It was cheaper, and I knew I could go stand in the store and annoy them if I had a problem.

I'm currently renting a Zeiss lens from LensRentals. It came on time, very well packaged, and in great condition. For a two week rental, it's actually cheaper than my local camera shop, although if I only needed it for a day or two the local shop would be cheaper (no shipping fee.)

Thanks All! I'll look into those two sites, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my local camera store does not rent lenses so that is not an option for me. I'll check around in the surrounding towns but there's not much left out there for brick and mortar stores.

Rent Cameras, Lenses, Lighting and More | Boston Photo Rental
236 Pearl St
Somerville MA 02145

24-70mm f2.8G ED AF-S - $35/day • $105/week

Thanks. That is near where I grew up and I'm frequently in that area. I'll look into that.

At your service my lady.

Bowing 2.gif

Most reactions

Back