Lens upgrade suggestions for my 750D?

Keshro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! I am new here! So I am very sorry if it is the wrong category, been asked before or for whatever mistakes I can make with this!

So I got a 750D which I bought some years ago used as well as some lenses which I found for cheap. But, I want to make some upgrades of glass I think.
Maybe later down the line I could upgrade the camera as well? :)

Lenses I got so far;
Canon EF 50mm f1.8 STM
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM
Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fish-Eye CS II (sadly broken, the focus ring does nothing)

What I want to shoot;
Buildings, landscape, people but not really portraits, animals, objects (bikes, cars, other street stuff).

Budget; up to $600 for a lens at very max (I am happy scouring for deals on eBay)
and I am willing to replace lenses

PS: Is it worth only buying EF full frame lenses and get full frame body later down the line?

Last edited:
Lenses are always the better place to put your money… even used.
If your goal is to switch to FF, then yes, it would make sense.
I live in Denmark and generally most of the year it is pretty dark here (from autumn to spring). Which is why I was thinking of getting a full frame down the line as I've read they perform better in low light situations. Is this true and does it make sense? :)
Or is the money laid better in APS-C lenses with a large aperture?

-

God dag til dig!

FF vs crop sensors offer more real estate to fill with photosites. For
any given same number of pixels, those on the FF sensor will have
more room at their disposal to capture more photons.

The example of my low light master, the Nikon's D3S — one is on sale
on this forum — is a beast in these matters, only 12 MB /FF but it can
take pictures when you can't see!

Adding the benefit of larger pixels to brighter lenses is the key to work
at lower ISO.

Hav det sjovt! :p

Last edited:
After shooting crop sensors for years I really loved the move to a full frame sensor I made a few years ago. I did get a good resolution bump up to 30 megapixels too at the same time, but I'm a lot happier with the quality. So if you are serious about photography and like to print your images then a move to full frame makes sense. If you mainly publish online then the value of moving is a bit more questionable. Personally, I'm really glad I did.

For your camera you've already got some decent glass, the 10-22mm is a cracking lens for a crop sensor and it's unlikley you'll get much better than that. The Canon EF 16-35mm f4 L is sharper in the corners, but centre shapness is on par, and it's one of the sharpest lenses out there.

The 17-85mm is also a good choice particularly for landscapes, but also a really solid walk around lens. IMO it's one of the best crop sensor lenses.

The weakest lens in your collection is the 70-300mm, Canon's consumer grade lenses in this focal range are pretty poor, with lots of CA and they are all a bit soft. The best options are Canon's 70-200mm L series, the 70-300mm L or the 100-400m L. There are a few variations of each, though the latter two are a bit pricey. If you like to shoot wildlife, then the 100-400 makes the most sense IMO.

Most reactions

Back