Lens wont attach to D90!!

skylionated

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A couple of days back I dropped my camera and the lens popped off. When I looked at the lens I noticed a couple of the pins were broken and that I could not attach it to the main body of the camera. Where do I go find a spare part? I am out of warranty. Will Ebay help? What is this part called?

Please help me!!

I looked under the spare parts section under Lens but could not see the part I needed. Some people suggested USCamera as well.... would that work?

Are you trying to fix this yourself? :confused:

Do yourself a favor and send it off for repair. You don't even know for certain that the lens mount is the only thing broken. A repair center will figure out what is wrong and send you an estimate before performing the repairs. This is by far your best alternative.

I would send off the camera and the lens and get the lens looked at and the camera serviced at the same time

Do you have another lens available to you that you could mount on your d90 and see if anything on the camera is broken? if so, depending on price of fixing the lens, it may be cheaper and/or less of a hassle to get a new one assuming it IS the kit lens.

Warranty doesn't cover damage by dropping anyway. Only defects. You need to send it in for service and make sure that a different lens will work FULLY-not just mount-on your camera as it probably also needs servicing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back