Lens

The Don

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sorry for bring up this topic again if its already been posted... buy i have a question. okay im looking for a lens that i can take Portraits and cars. I also like some Scenery and backgrounds and well along with timelaps photographs at night. im currently using the stock 18 to 55 lens that came with my nikon D40 and wanting to upgrade. also since im going to be taking some night photography do you recomment that i need to upgrade the flash? well yea what lens do you recommend that i get? let me know Thanks guys:)

stick with what you have for now... it can shoot all of the above fine, night landscape photography needs a good tripod not a flash usually, if you need a new lens get the 50mm f1.8 its a fantastic lens for portraits or anything else

70-200 f/2.8 VR.

I reccomend it to everyone.

Now seriously, tell us your budget if you want a new lens to play with and then you'll get some appropriate answers.

Pick up a sigma 10-20mm. Great lens and can be had for under $500. Then look for a sb-400 which is like $115.

70-200 f/2.8 VR.

I reccomend it to everyone.

Now seriously, tell us your budget if you want a new lens to play with and then you'll get some appropriate answers.

Thanks for the Help guys :] but hmm lets just say what can i get for around the price of $500 or less ?

Pick up a sigma 10-20mm. Great lens and can be had for under $500. Then look for a sb-400 which is like $115.

alright cool thanks bro. i'll look into those

If you're really itching for a lens, get the nifty fifty. Cheap and cheerful.

For flashes, I would not bother for less than the SB-600. You don't need it for night shots, what you do need is a tripod.

yea i've been hearing that i need a tripod im going to go buy one. Thanks alot for your help guys :] i just need to save up a lil more money then i'll be set to buy the lends that i need :]

The suggestion of the Sigma 18-50 was a good one. Just note that there are 3 generations of this lens. The first 2 are mediocre at best. The latest one (F/2.8 and macro) is the sharpest lens on the market in it's class and has a 3:1 macro tossed in on top of it.

For indoor portrait shots, this is my main lens becuase I can get in close, or shoot multiple people without needing to step back into the next room to get the shot.

Most reactions

Back