What's new

Lens

07Vios said:
Yes, Sigma is a lottery. Hit or miss in terms of focusing. My 30mm 1.4 had to be sent in for calibration for a pretty bad front focusing problem, but after getting it back, it's been awesome and at less than half the price of the Canon 35mm f1.4 lens.

But, the sigma doesn't produce a large enough image circle to be used with a full frame body, it isn't weather sealed, and it doesn't render OOF areas as nicely. That's mainly why it's so much less.

Yes, it's the only lens I'll have to sell when ever I upgrade to full frame. My T2i isn't weather sealed, so I see no point in spending way more (than my budget allowed as well) on a weather sealed lens. I would prefer 35mm over 30mm on a cropped body since I got used to using a 35mm on my Nikon before I switched over to Canon. I'm sure the extra 5mm will help with bokeh, but the Canon 35mm f1.4 is just too much, and I won't be getting it either when I upgrade to full frame since I'd want one of the 50mm lenses (since 50mm is what would be the closest equivalent of 35mm on a 1.6x cropped body).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom