Lens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i want to buy a new lens for my rebel xt. im not really to sure where to start. i would like to get a little closer to what im shooting than my 18-55mm lense does. also i want a faster lens. should i go with a cannon lens or another brand? i almost forgot, my price range is small i can only go up to $250 tops

Thank you in advanced

What's your budget?

i would like to get a little closer to what im shooting than my 18-55mm lense does.
I assume that means you want a longer (telephoto) lens to shoot things that are farther away? Or do what to actually get closer...IE, macro photography?

Canon has some great lenses and some poor lenses. Other brands are the same...so it's not so much an issue of Canon vs another brand...but how much do you want to spend. Canon will probably have the best, top of the line lens for your camera...but other brands (like Sigma or Tamron) have similar lenses that are almost as good...for much less.

Some lenses to consider...
Canon EF 50mm F1.8
Canon EF 80mm F1.8
Canon EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
Canon EF 75-300 F4-5.6 III
Canon EF 75-300 F4-5.6 IS
Canon EF 70-200 F4 L (also 70-200 F4 L IS...70-200 F2.8 L...70-200 F2.8 L IS)
Sigma 70-200 F2.8

thanks mike i think im going to go with the 50mm. my birthday is comming up in a few months so ill have some more cash then ill really get something nice.

thanks for all the help

Most reactions

New Topics

Back