Lensbaby vs Nikor 50mm

ktanady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys, i've browsing around wanting to buy a 50mm and stumbled upon the lensebaby..
I'm kind of at lost here wether to buy the nikor 50mm or the lensebaby composer..
Any ideas??

well i havent used the lensbaby but from what i know you cant get a "normal" looking picture frome it. so unless you always want that look get the 50 and then the lensbaby.

I'm going to vote for the 50mm as well. You will love this lens in low light and some of the 'soft focus' pictures that it can make. The lens baby is neat, but not nearly as useful as the 50mm.

Also, the 50mm is great to through on your camera and go to a party or get-together as it's lightweight and small.

-Dave

As said before, the 50mm will be a great go-to lens for many reasons, the lens baby will be fun and cool for a while, but you'll probably run out of things to do with it, the 50mm is everlasting!

wow, it's a 100% vote for the 50mm..
okay, I guess I'll pick the 50mm then, thanks guys for the suggestion..

The question you must answer before anyone can give you good advice is "why to you want a 50mm lens?"

As said before, the 50mm will be a great go-to lens for many reasons, the lens baby will be fun and cool for a while, but you'll probably run out of things to do with it, the 50mm is everlasting!
The lens baby is great for the photo artist. With all the interchangeable lenses and apertures, the possibilties are endless. It all depends on the creativity of the user.

I never use my nifty fifty.

So it's all relative, huh?

Can I has your nifty fifty? We can barter. I have two candles, one photography book, and a can of Dr Pepper.

Most reactions

Back