Lense Fungus???

Vivarant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen now several times ads for lenses with "no fungus". I never knew lenses could develop fungus. Can you tell me how and why this would occur and what if anything do you do to prevent it

So you just want people to re-type out something that has already been written about, in much more thorough detail elsewhere, right here, just for you? :er:

Warm, moist, dark storage.

Thanks

Click Here for a link to lens fungus info.

OBVIOUSLY i could go to google for the answer but i'm at a photography forum that offers help to beginners....or didn't you notice???? Or perhaps google is paying you for the referrals?

So you got both what it was, and a detailed explanation that you could refer to. I don't see any problem with it?? I think someone must have pee'd in your lemonade today.

In my photography class, the instructor told us "Mold loves glass." Since then, I keep a silica dehudifier tin in the cases where I store my lenses and the cameras too.

In my photography class, the instructor told us "Mold loves glass." Since then, I keep a silica dehudifier tin in the cases where I store my lenses and the cameras too.

Thats not a bad idea. I don't know how much it will help, but I guess any bit of moisture it reduces isn't a bad thing. I am not sure I have ever seen a tin. I have seen the little "do not eat" packets.

Thats not a bad idea. I don't know how much it will help, but I guess any bit of moisture it reduces isn't a bad thing. I am not sure I have ever seen a tin. I have seen the little "do not eat" packets.

This is what he's talking about:

Pelican | Silica Gel | 1500-500-000 | B&H Photo Video

They turn pink when they cannot absorb any more moisture. You then put 'em in the oven, follow the directions on the packaging, and they're good to go again. You can do that over and over.

Ahh, thank you. I think I might be placing an order tonight. Especially after reading the reviews!

Now I'm all worried about this. Gonna zip lock my lenses buried in silica.

This post is directed to KmH and Fokker in particular, but there is also some piling on here by others as well.

Both of you take nice photos. If helping beginners is so tiresome, then why do you hang out here?

I have been into photography for a little over a year, and I certainly gained some knowledge by this question being posed and answered politely.(before either of your posts) I'm sure many others have learned something new as well.

I didn't know moss was a problem for lenses. I live on an island as far south as you can go in the continental U.S. This is pretty pertinent information in my book.

Thank you Vivarant for posing such an obviously newb question here in the BEGINNERS forum. My photographic knowledge has been enhanced by your participation here.

Keep' em coming!

This post is directed to KmH and Fokker in particular, but there is also some piling on here by others as well.

Both of you take nice photos. If helping beginners is so tiresome, then why do you hang out here?

I have been into photography for a little over a year, and I certainly gained some knowledge by this question being posed and answered politely.(before either of your posts) I'm sure many others have learned something new as well.

I didn't know moss was a problem for lenses. Living as far south as you can go in the continental U.S. and on an island makes this pretty pertinent information in my book.

Thank you Vivarant for posing such an obviously newb question here in the BEGINNERS forum. My photographic knowledge has been enhanced by your participation here.

I'm only having a go at his reaction, which was way over the top considering the fact that he got a perfectly legitimate response. Beginners section or not, having a go at a well respected long time member on your 10th post is never going to make you popular.

Fair enough.

All I'm saying is bring on the newbie questions.

If google had all the answers, we wouldn't need schools.

We learn best from interaction with each other.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back