Lense quality - Canon, Sigma, Tamron

What I do (Canon 400D) is I look for the lens that I need. then I read up about the alternatives, Then I come on the forum and ask advice. some one always knows the pros & cons of the lens/s you are considering. In the main I like the canon version. BUT Sigma sometimes make a better and cheaper lens. Canon do not walk on water. but they have the inside track as it is them who design the whole system.
I would suggest that maybe you consider the possibility of avoiding the EF-S lenses unless they offer a real plus. There is nothing wrong with them (I own a 17 - 85 iso myself and it is brilliant) but the possibility is that your next camera body will mean you can't use them...

All of the Fuji S-line professional DSLRs are re-badged Nikons, but with different types of sensors.

The S2 Pro was based off of the Nikon N80 film SLR, not the D80 DSLR which came out four years after the S2. As was the S3.

The more recent S5 Pro is based off of the D200.

Because of this, the Fujifilm S-line has Nikon F mounts.

Um... I was actually refering to lenses not camera bodies.... Sigma, Tamron, Tokina are all reverse engineering Nikon, Canon etc.. in order to keep compatibility.

Camera body rebadging really doesn't matter to in this thread does it?

Um... I was actually refering to lenses not camera bodies.... Sigma, Tamron, Tokina are all reverse engineering Nikon, Canon etc.. in order to keep compatibility.

Camera body rebadging really doesn't matter to in this thread does it?

No, it doesn't exactly. I was correcting information brought up by TexasDigital.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back