Lenses arrived! question...

Companies like nikon and canon combine lens speed and quality together. For example, the toughest nikon lenses are the 2.8 zooms like the 24-70 and the 70-200, while there weakest lenses are there slowest like the 18-55 and 70-300mm. One of the main reasons off brand companies like tamron and sigma can make money is becuase they off a type of lens you cant by from nikon or canon, fast, but cheap lenses. The big compromise, quality, which equals weight.

Interesting

I'm seriously thinking in returning the Sigma, and have to decide quickly because of the 14days.
I'll have to considere either an exchange or a refund. For an Exchange I would need to know what to choose. An alternative lens could be an equivalent lens like the ones being mentioned in this thread.

I mean, I apreciate the IQ and versatility the 24-70 could offer, but, just thinking of taking the camera with that lense to a simple or important social gathering(friends, dinner, restaurant, christmas, etc.) it will just bring up laughs and annoying comments from anyone, friends or no friends.

The idea is enjoying taking GOOD pictures and the pictures itself. Having a good mid zoom range with good aperture.
Being the center of laughs is not going to help.
Noup, I don't need a Point&Shoot, I need a dSLR.

It could work just fine but in work circumstances, portraits, assignments, etc. and maybe walk-arounds

Mind you I'm not a Photog nor intent to, at least not on plans. I work in Webdesign and taking good pictures is important.

If I decide to return it, I have to options...
A) Get a refund and stay with the 50mm 1.4 and the 18-135
B) Exchange it for an alternative

oh well.

Most reactions

Back