Interesting
I'm seriously thinking in returning the Sigma, and have to decide quickly because of the 14days.
I'll have to considere either an exchange or a refund. For an Exchange I would need to know what to choose. An alternative lens could be an equivalent lens like the ones being mentioned in this thread.
I mean, I apreciate the IQ and versatility the 24-70 could offer, but, just thinking of taking the camera with that lense to a simple or important social gathering(friends, dinner, restaurant, christmas, etc.) it will just bring up laughs and annoying comments from anyone, friends or no friends.
The idea is enjoying taking GOOD pictures and the pictures itself. Having a good mid zoom range with good aperture.
Being the center of laughs is not going to help.
Noup, I don't need a Point&Shoot, I need a dSLR.
It could work just fine but in work circumstances, portraits, assignments, etc. and maybe walk-arounds
Mind you I'm not a Photog nor intent to, at least not on plans. I work in Webdesign and taking good pictures is important.
If I decide to return it, I have to options...
A) Get a refund and stay with the 50mm 1.4 and the 18-135
B) Exchange it for an alternative
oh well.